Monday 2 May 2011

Evaluation question 1.



In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and convetions of real media products?





Whilst making my media products I had to research and develop my knowledge on the conventions of existing media products of the same genre. I made a decision on my genre which ended up being thriller/horror after I carried out my initial research which was a questionnaire I set up asking general questions e.g. age, gender, preferred film genres etc.



After carrying out further research into the conventions of thriller and horror teaser trailers I decided to use title slates to intrigue viewers and make the viewer want to watch the film to get answers.





These where title slates taken from the movie “saw 3d” where I initially got the idea from that I could use title slates to intrigue my audience.












In thrillers and horror teaser trailers I noticed that the music in the background mostly remains the same which is usually the official soundtrack to the movie. The soundtrack also usually starts of slow and gets faster and louder with the speed of the editing of intensity of the scene which is what the soundtrack in my teaser trailer achieved successfully.
I noticed that in thrillers some scenes are shown and they get more intense and intriguing before the teaser trailer comes to an end. I also applied this in my own teaser trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment